VanillaThunder's Caption Contest: The Results!

Well, it's been two weeks and the results are in! But before we get to the winner of the contest, I just want to thank everyone who submitted and everyone who voted or showed the entries love. (And if you haven't, be sure to go do it now that the contest has ended. I know from experience that comments are always appreciated.) I was very impressed with both turnouts and it definitely gives me high hopes for if I ever try this again. So now, without further ado, here is the winner, drumroll please.

*drumroll*

The winner is... CharlseyBallerina with their caption, "Promises She Can't Keep Continued"!

Honestly, it was neck in neck near the end with the one in second place, but this is the one that came out on top and deservedly so. While all the original captions are near and dear to my heart, since it's my heart that created them, I found this continuation to be absolutely delightful and in-keeping with the spirit of my original. (In fact, every entry I think kept the spirit of the original caption, even if it wasn't quite how I'd have done the sequel) And so, congratulations CharlseyBallerina, you're the first ever winner of my first ever caption contest.

And to everyone else, thank you so much for entering, and know that even if you didn't win, not only did I absolutely love every entry, but the voting was very close and there were a few ties in the non-winners in terms of votes. 

For a few entries, I know they were seasoned veterans of the cap game, but for those that this was your first experience making captions, I was wholly impressed! Having gone through some of my earlier captions recently, I know my early ones look rough but I didn't see any of that in this contest!

So again, a big thank you to everyone for entering and for voting and congratulations to the winner! I don't know when I'll do something like this again, but I thought it was pretty fun so we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your choice of winner because I really enjoyed it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete