Down to the Wire (Plus Bonus: A Look Into My Process)

 This caption is actually one that I started almost a year ago back when I first started making caps, but took me until now to finish. (And the contest voting is still running until Monday night, so get your last minute votes in!)


 So, after I did Temporary Daughter last year and I decided to keep making caps, you may have noticed that my process changed a little bit in terms of presentation. The white outline, doing caps both horizontally and vertically, and just general polish, which comes down to my learning how to do it and figuring out the formula that worked for me, which is why I did so many tribute caps, since it was all learning experiences, but for my first few caps, I did things differently. 

Now I resize the canvas to add space to the right, but back then, I'd crop the picture very thin and use the rest of the available space, perhaps adding some extra space to the side, which creates something like this:


And it's missing the thicker outline around the text! In addition, I tried to write the cap solely in the photo editor, which made it hard to come back to, since you can't edit text in my editor after you place it. As you can see, the story is similar, but I've definitely come a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment